Icynene Classic Max™ (LD-C-50-v2) - Now ignition barrier free! With an improved yield, the evolution of spray foam starts here! Icynene’s flagship tried-and-true product just got better. One and done application, saves you both time and money.
- Stable thermal performance
- R-value = 3.7 per inch
- Superior sound control.
- Vapor permeable, support bi-directional drying of assemblies
- Soft, flexible composition maintains an air seal even after seasonal expansion/contraction of building assembly
- <5% water absorption
- Supports indoor air quality by blocking air infiltration and mass transfer of moisture that may cause mold.
- Open-cell structure with air
- 100% water-blown
- Light density 0.5 lb.
- HFC- and PBDE-free
- Soft to touch
- Not a vapor barrier
- Expands ~100 times from liquid state
- Application thickness is not limited
- Low exothermic reaction temperature; will not harm coatings on electrical wiring, plumbing or other building components
- Lower cost compared to closed-cell products
- Lowest global warming potential (GWP of 1)
- A low-emitting material (LEM) as per CHPS EQ 2.2 Section 01350 (Collaborative for High Performance Schools)
- Yields of 18,000 to 22,000 board feet
- Broad range of substrates, temperatures and humidity conditions
- Superior cold temperature adhesion to multiple substrates
- Dimensionally stable
- 1 day occupancy
- One formulation (no winter/summer)
Thermal and Ignition Barriers
See ESR 1826 for details. Icynene Classic Max as an ignition barrier free product.
Unvented Attic Technical Evaluation Report
Icynene LD-C-50 meets prerequisites and may contribute towards these LEED for Homes points:
- EAC1.1: Optimizing Energy Performance
- EAC1.2: Optimizing Energy Performance
- EAC2: Insulation
- EAC3: Air Infiltration
- MRC2: Environmentally Preferable Products
Can be used in many residential applications.
External wall (interior cavity fill)
Bonus room or cantilevered floor
Basement wall (internal side)
And many more applications – find an Icynene licensed contractor to check which Icynene products can be used for your project.
Limitations of Use
Should not be used:
- Against substrates that may exceed 200°F at installation or in the future
- Inside electrical outlets or junction boxes
- Flotation purposes
- Placed above the roofing membrane
- Exterior surfaces, exposed and/or in contact with water
- ASTM E-84
- Flame index ≤ 25
- Smoke index ≤ 450
- Icynene products are Class 1/Class A Materials