A one-step open-cell spray foam material, ICYNENE Classic (LD-C-50) insulates and air seals a building for its lifetime. Used in thousands of residential and commercial projects across Canada, and preferred by many sustainable building architects and commercial builders, this superior-quality spray foam insulation has been consistently outperforming traditional insulation alternatives since 1986. ICYNENE Classic is guaranteed to perform for the life of the building.
- CCMC Evaluation Report #12070-R
- Stable thermal performance.
- Thermal resistance 0.66 m²·K/W
- Superior sound control.
- Vapour permeable, support bi-directional drying of assemblies
- Soft, flexible composition maintains an air seal even after seasonal expansion/contraction of building assembly
- <5% water absorption
- Supports indoor air quality by blocking air infiltration and mass transfer of moisture that may cause mould.
- Open-cell structure
- 100% water-blown
- Light density 0.5 lb/cu.ft.
- HFC- and PBDE-free
- Soft to touch
- Not a vapour barrier
- Expands ~100 times from liquid state
- Application thickness is not limited
- Low exothermic reaction temperature; will not harm coatings on electrical wiring, plumbing or other building components
- Lower cost compared to closed cell medium density products
- Lowest global warming potential (GWP of 1)
- A low-emitting material (LEM) as per CHPS EQ 2.2 Section 01350 (Collaborative for High Performance Schools)
- Yields of 16,000 to 20,000 board feet
- Broad range of substrates, temperatures and humidity conditions
- Superior cold temperature adhesion to multiple substrates
- Dimensionally stable
- 1 day occupancy
- One formulation (no winter/summer)
Approved thermal barriers:
- HiBAR thermal barrier material – 1in. thickness
Icynene Classic meets prerequisites and may contribute towards these LEED Canada NC points:
- EAP2: Minimum Energy Performance
- EAC: Optimizing Energy Performance
- IEQP1: Minimum Indoor Air Quality Performance
Can be used in many commercial applications:
And many more applications – contact Icynene to check which Icynene products can be used for your project.
Limitations of Use
Should not be used:
- Against substrates that may exceed 200°F / 90°C at installation or in the future
- Inside electrical outlets or junction boxes
- Flotation purposes
- Placed above the roofing membrane
- Exterior surfaces, exposed and/or in contact with water
- Meets CAN/ULC S102 and S127