Icynene’s premier closed-cell spray foam insulation product, ICYNENE MD-C-200 v2, is a one-step air impermeable spray foam product with a built-in vapour retarder that both insulates and air-seals a building for the lifetime of the structure. Specially formulated for all seasons, ICYNENE MD-C-200 v2 has superior cold climate application performance making it ideal for Canadian climates.
- Conforms to CAN/ULC S705.1 and S705.2
- Stable thermal performance.
- LTTR 1.94 m2 K/W
- Acts as a vapour barrier
- Has a permeance of <56ng/Pa.s.m2@ 50 mm (.98 Perms @ 2.0”)
- Rigid, not flexible composition contributes to wall racking strength.
- Rejects bulk water
- Supports indoor air quality by blocking air infiltration and mass transfer of moisture that may cause mould.
- Allows architects to design to meet or exceed the ASHRAE 90.1 – 2007 Energy Standard for Buildings.
- Closed-cell structure
- Synthetic blown (zero ozone depletion potential)
- Medium density 2.0 lb. nominal
- PBDE-free; blown with HFC 245fa
- Rigid to touch
- Expands 40 times from liquid state
- Apply in lifts of 2" (50 mm)
- Low exothermic reaction temperature; will not harm coatings on electrical wiring, plumbing or other building components
- Lowest global warming potential (GWP of 1020)
- A low-emitting material (LEM) as per CHPS EQ 2.2 Section 01350 (Collaborative for High Performance Schools)
- Yields of 4,500 board feet
- Broad range of substrates, temperatures and humidity conditions
- Superior cold temperature adhesion to multiple substrates
- Dimensionally stable
- 1 day occupancy
Icynene MD-C-200 meets prerequisites and may contribute towards these LEED Canada NC points:
- EAP2: Minimum Energy Performance
- EAC: Optimizing Energy Performance
- IEQP1: Minimum Indoor Air Quality Performance
Can be used in many commercial and residential applications:
And many more applications – Contact Icynene to check which Icynene products can be used for your project.
Limitations of Use
Should not be used:
- Against substrates that may exceed 180°F / 80°C at installation or in the future
- Inside electrical outlets or junction boxes
- Flotation purposes
- Placed above the roofing membrane
- Exterior surfaces, exposed and/or in contact with water
Approved thermal barriers:
- HiBAR thermal barrier material – 1in. thickness
- GRACE Monokote Z-3306 Thermal Barrier Cementitious, 3/4" (17mm)
- Meets CAN/ULC S102 and CAN/ULC S127