Canada’s next generation of closed-cell spray foam insulation - Icynene ProSeal™
Featuring an improved thermal resistance value, higher yield, advanced performance properties and superior sprayability, Icynene ProSeal™ sets a new benchmark in excellence. Icynene ProSeal™ will help you meet today’s building code requirements. This innovation is ideal for commercial and residential applications since no other closed cell spray foam insulation product matches the advanced performance of Icynene ProSeal™!
- Conforms to CAN/ULC S705.1 and S705.2
- CCMC Evaluation Listing 13683-L
- Stable thermal performance.
- LTTR 2.02 m2 K/W (Type 2)
- Acts as an air barrier; air permeance is 0.0005 L/s.m² at 35mm (1.37”)
- Acts as a vapour barrier; water vapour permeance is 34 ng/Pa.s.m2 at 50 mm (.60 Perms @ 2.0”)
- Rigid, not flexible composition contributes to wall racking strength.
- Rejects bulk water
- Can be applied at 76 mm (3”) for the first pass
- Supports indoor air quality by blocking air infiltration and mass transfer of moisture that may cause mould.
- Allows architects to design to meet or exceed the ASHRAE 90.1 – 2010 Energy Standard for Buildings.
- Closed-cell structure
- Synthetic blown (zero ozone depletion potential)
- Medium density 2.4 lb. nominal
- PBDE-free; blown with HFC 227/365mfc
- Rigid to touch
- Expands 40 times from liquid state
- Apply in lifts of 76 mm (3”) for the first pass, 50 mm (2”) for subsequent passes
- Low exothermic reaction temperature; will not harm coatings on electrical wiring, plumbing or other building components
- Low global warming potential (GWP of 1000)
- Yield average of 4,750 board feet
- Broad range of substrates, temperatures and humidity conditions
- Superior cold temperature adhesion to multiple substrates
- Dimensionally stable
- 1 day occupancy
Icynene ProSeal™ meets prerequisites and may contribute towards these LEED Canada NC (2009) points:
- EAP2: Minimum Energy Performance
- EAC: Optimizing Energy Performance
- IEQP1: Minimum Indoor Air Quality Performance
Can be used in many commercial and residential applications:
- External wall
- Internal wall
- Under basement slab (with suitable drainage layer)
And many more applications – Contact Icynene to check which Icynene products can be used for your project.
Limitations of Use
Should not be used:
- Against substrates that may exceed 180°F / 80°C at installation or in the future
- Inside electrical outlets or junction boxes
- Flotation purposes
- Placed above the roofing membrane
- Exterior surfaces, exposed and/or in contact with water
Approved thermal barriers:
- HiBAR thermal barrier material – 1in. thickness
- GRACE Monokote Z-3306 Thermal Barrier Cementitious, 3/4" (17mm)
Meets CAN/ULC S102 and CAN/ULC S127