Position Title: Plant Operator, Mississsauga, ON
The Plant Operator will assist with product blending, packaging Company products consistent with work instructions and shipping finished goods (loads trucks). In addition, incumbents will perform receiving and warehousing functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packages Company products in accordance with work instructions and the quality and safety standards of the Company.
- Assists with blending Company products in accordance with work instructions and the quality and safety standards of the Company.
- Receives bulk trucks.
- Receives, stores and retrieves as needed raw materials and finished goods in the warehouse.
- Ships (loads trucks) finished goods as required.
- Maintains the warehouse in a visitor ready state at all times.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as instructed, such as preparation of samples/displays, assembly of furniture, moving small quantities of goods and/or equipment from receiving to office, etc.
- Performs light routine maintenance duties such as the changing of light bulbs, removal of garbage, etc.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of the practices and procedures of a manufacturing plant environment (preferably a chemical plant)
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures
- Conversant with applicable legislation including health and safety and transportation
- Current forklift operator’s license
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing facility (chemical plant preferred)