Choosing the best insulation and avoiding future quality and insulation problems
One the biggest decisions when building a new home is choosing the best insulation. Get the answers to ensure you avoid any quality and insulation problems that may occur down the road with traditional insulation materials. If your builder isn’t familiar with or doesn’t typically use spray foam insulation in their builds, here are some questions you can ask.
- Does traditional insulation control air leakage?
- Can the traditional insulation materials create an air barrier without using additional materials and labour?
- How long will it take for the traditional insulation to pay for itself?
- Can the traditional insulation help reduce the required size and cost of my heating and cooling equipment?
- Will the quality of the indoor air in my home be improved?
- Will the traditional insulation materials settle and lose its R-value?
- What happens if the insulation gets wet?
- Is it a food source for mould?
- Will ill I reduce my energy consumption by using this insulation?
- Can the traditional insulation help make my home quieter?
Not confident in the responses you’ve been given? Give Icynene a call and we’ll ensure you find a licensed Icynene spray foam contractor for your new home.