Icynene® low density and medium density spray foams can be used to insulate roofs from the underside / ceiling side. It is often used on metal roofs, and can also be used on other roof types.
Common Problems with Roof Insulation (Interior)
Roofs are sometimes insulated on the inside with either fiberglass or rigid foam board – here are some issues resulting from using those insulation types:
- Applying batts or boards to ceilings is time-consuming and involves a lot of preparation and scaffolding, platforms, or other access solutions. These have to cover the entire area or be constantly moved to allow direct access to the underside of the roof.
- Flexible insulation on roofs usually sags, even if held in place by wire insulation supports, twine, or laths.
- Addressing joints, unusual shapes, and penetrations is time-consuming and subject to human error.
Benefits of Using Icynene Spray Foam Insulation for Roofs
- Faster construction because of reduced access needs.
- Keeps form over time and does not sag. Adheres strongly to most substrates.
- Easily insulates penetrations and unusual roof shapes including domes and arches.