Icynene® spray foam insulation is very versatile and can be used in a number of applications. If you are wondering whether it can be used in specific applications in the house you are building, please ask an Icynene Licensed Contractor.
Unusual shaped spaces, irregular studwork, electrical boxes, ductwork, piping, other penetrations, and rim joists are difficult to insulate with standard insulation, but in many cases can be effectively insulated with Icynene spray foam insulation.
- Designs or architectural features can pose insulation challenges because conventional insulation doesn’t fit unusual cavities like Icynene spray foam insulation does.
- Batting is standard-sized and must be cut, manipulated or compressed to fill unusual spaces (like electrical boxes), reducing their rated R value and sometimes requiring extra finishing materials.
- Double studs and non-standard stud locations can make insulating a challenge.
Results of Using Icynene Spray Foam Insulation
- Seamless air-seal and rated insulation R-value achieved in a single step, even around unusual geometry
- Increased durability of the structure and consistent R-value for the life of the building
- Minimized flow of airborne moisture and threat of condensation
- Flexibility of open-cell Icynene spray foam insulation to expand and contract along with the building structure, preventing delaminating and cracking over time