Including spray foam insulation like Icynene in basements addresses several common problems that traditional basement insulation cannot. Plus, by insulating with an insulation material like spray foam, your clients can turn an unfinished basement into a liveable space.
- Foam insulation can eliminate the probability of cold and uncomfortable walls and floors as well as minimize the risk of buckling hardwood floors resulting from moisture buildup.
- Open-cell foam insulation applied on a basement ceiling provides additional sound dampening support for a quieter space.
- Basement-based HVAC systems can work more efficiently since they operate in a more hospitable temperature environment. Plus, infiltration of air and accompanying moisture can be minimized to prevent condensation on the ductwork.
Basement insulation code references
Foam plastic (spray foam)
- Local codes based on IRC 2009, 2012 and 2015: Section R316
Energy efficiency of building thermal envelope
- Local codes based on IRC 2009, 2012 and 2015: Section N1102
Finished Basement Wall Assembly options (PDF)
Basement Walls - Retrofit Step-by-Step (PDF)
Our trained and licensed Contractors are ready to answer your questions!