Using Icynene® spray foam insulation can help protect against energy loss through external walls, as well as providing other benefits:
- Up to 40% of energy loss is due to uncontrolled air leakage.
- Up to 99% of moisture travels in the air and can build up inside a home through daily activities like cooking and showering. If moisture carried by air is allowed to move through the walls it can condense within the walls leading to related problems such as mold.
- Unwanted noises are heard originating from outside.
- Drafts cause hot/cold spots.
- Pollutants including allergens can travel with air that passes through walls, causing health issues.
- Rim joists, where the floor meets the wall, are difficult to insulate with traditional insulation and create cold bridges.
Results of Using Icynene Spray Foam for External Wall Insulation
- Increased energy efficiency
- Improved indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Peace and quiet
- Rim joists are easier to insulate with Icynene spray foam insulation so you can protect against the energy loss in cold spots