- Icynene LD-C-50 meets prerequisites and may contribute towards these LEED for Homes points:
- EAC1.1: Optimizing Energy Performance
- EAC1.2: Optimizing Energy Performance
- EAC2: Insulation
- EAC3: Air Infiltration
- MRC2: Environmentally Preferable Products
- Can be used in many residential applications.
- And many more applications – find an Icynene licensed contractor to check which Icynene products can be used for your project.
Limitations of Use
- Should not be used:
Against substrates that may exceed 200°F at installation or in the future
Inside electrical outlets or junction boxes
Placed above the roofing membrane
Exterior surfaces, exposed and/or in contact with water
- ASTM E-84
- Flame index ≤ 25
- Smoke index ≤ 450
- Icynene products are Class 1/Class A Materials
* R means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Compare insulation R-values before you buy. There are other factors to consider. The amount of insulation you need depends mainly on the climate you live in. Also, your fuel savings from insulation will depend upon the climate, the type and size of your house, the amount of insulation already in your house, and your fuel use patterns and family size. If you buy too much insulation, it will cost you more than what you'll save on fuel. To get the marked R-value, it is essential that this insulation be installed properly.