Icynene’s leading closed-cell spray foam insulation product, ICYNENE MD-C-200™, is a one-step performance material which both insulates and air seals a building for the lifetime of the structure. MD-C-200 is air-impermeable with a built-in vapor retarder and is guaranteed to perform as specified for the life of the building.
* R means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Compare insulation R-values before you buy. There are other factors to consider. The amount of insulation you need depends mainly on the climate you live in. Also, your fuel savings from insulation will depend upon the climate, the type and size of your house, the amount of insulation already in your house, and your fuel use patterns and family size. If you buy too much insulation, it will cost you more than what you'll save on fuel. To get the marked R-value, it is essential that this insulation be installed properly.
- Approved for commercial building types I, II, III, IV, and V construction
- Stable thermal performance.
- R-value = 6.6 per inch *
- Class II Vapor Diffusion Retarder @1.5"
- Rigid, not flexible composition contributes to wall racking strength.
- Rejects bulk water
- Supports indoor air quality by blocking air infiltration and mass transfer of moisture that may cause mold.
- Closed-cell structure
- Synthetic blown
- Medium density 2.4 lb. nominal
- PBDE-free; blown with HFC 245fa
- Rigid to touch
- Expands 40 times from liquid state
- Apply in 2" lifts
- Will not harm coatings on electrical wiring, plumbing or other building components
- Lowest global warming potential (GWP of 1020)
- Approved for construction types: I, II, III, IV, V
- A low-emitting material (LEM) as per CHPS EQ 2.2 Section 01350 (Collaborative for High Performance Schools)
- Yields of 4,500 board feet
- Broad range of substrates, temperatures and humidity conditions
- Superior cold temperature adhesion to multiple substrates
- Dimensionally stable
- 1 day occupancy
Icynene MD-C-200 meets prerequisites and may contribute towards these LEED for Homes points:
- EAC1.1: Optimizing Energy Performance
- EAC1.2: Optimizing Energy Performance
- EAC2: Insulation
- EAC3: Air Infiltration
- MRC2: Environmentally Preferable Products
Limitations of Use
Should not be used:
- Against substrates that may exceed 180°F at installation or in the future
- Inside electrical outlets or junction boxes
- Flotation purposes
- Placed above the roofing membrane
- Exterior surfaces, exposed and/or in contact with water
Thermal and Ignition Barriers
See ESR 3199 for details.
Approved thermal barriers:
- DC 315 @22 wet mils, 14 dry mils
- Alternatively, use a prescriptive thermal barrier
Approved ignition barriers:
- No ignition barrier is required
- ASTM E-84
- Flame index ≤ 25
- Smoke index ≤ 450
- Icynene products are Class 1/Class A Materials