Icynene’s leading closed-cell spray foam insulation product, ICYNENE MD-C-200™, is a one-step performance material which both insulates and air seals a building for the lifetime of the structure. MD-C-200 is air-impermeable with a built-in vapor retarder and is guaranteed to perform as specified for the life of the building.
- Approved for commercial building types I, II, III, IV, and V construction
- Stable thermal performance.
- R-value = 6.75 per inch
- Class II Vapor Diffusion Retarder @1.5"
- Rigid, not flexible composition contributes to wall racking strength.
- Rejects bulk water
- Supports indoor air quality by blocking air infiltration and mass transfer of moisture that may cause mold.
- Closed-cell structure
- Synthetic blown
- Medium density 2.0 lb. nominal
- PBDE-free; blown with HFC 245fa
- Rigid to touch
- Expands 40 times from liquid state
- Apply in 2" lifts
- Will not harm coatings on electrical wiring, plumbing or other building components
- Lowest global warming potential (GWP of 1020)
- Approved for construction types: I, II, III, IV, V
- A low-emitting material (LEM) as per CHPS EQ 2.2 Section 01350 (Collaborative for High Performance Schools)
- Yields of 4,500 board feet
- Broad range of substrates, temperatures and humidity conditions
- Superior cold temperature adhesion to multiple substrates
- Dimensionally stable
- 1 day occupancy
Icynene MD-C-200 meets prerequisites and may contribute towards these LEED for Homes points:
- EAC1.1: Optimizing Energy Performance
- EAC1.2: Optimizing Energy Performance
- EAC2: Insulation
- EAC3: Air Infiltration
- MRC2: Environmentally Preferable Products
Limitations of Use
Should not be used:
- Against substrates that may exceed 180°F at installation or in the future
- Inside electrical outlets or junction boxes
- Flotation purposes
- Placed above the roofing membrane
- Exterior surfaces, exposed and/or in contact with water
Thermal and Ignition Barriers
See ESR 3199 for details.
Approved thermal barriers:
- DC 315 @22 wet mils, 14 dry mils
- Alternatively, use a prescriptive thermal barrier
Approved ignition barriers:
- No ignition barrier is required
- ASTM E-84
- Flame index ≤ 25
- Smoke index ≤ 450
- Icynene products are Class 1/Class A Materials