As one of the major design decisions when you build a new home, get the answers and insight you need to ensure you have made the right insulation choice. Armed with this knowledge you'll avoid costly quality and insulation issues in the future. If your builder doesn't usually use spray foam insulation, here are some questions you can ask that will help you decide on spray foam.
- How well does traditional insulation control air leakage?
- Can the traditional insulation create an air barrier without using additional materials and labor?
- How quickly will the traditional insulation pay for itself?
- Can the traditional insulation help reduce the required size and cost of my HVAC equipment?
- Will the indoor air quality in my home be improved?
- Will the traditional insulation settle and lose its R-value?
- What happens if the insulation gets wet?
- Is it a food source for mold?
- Will my home be ‘greener’ if I use this traditional insulation – e.g. will I reduce my energy consumption and carbon footprint?
- Can the traditional insulation help make my home quieter?
Insulation Contractors - Make the Right Choice
If you are not confident in the responses you have been given, contact Icynene and we can help ensure you hire a licensed Icynene spray foam contractor for your new home.