Compare Open & Closed Cell Spray Foam Insulation
Closed-cell spray foam & open-cell spray foam – understanding the advantages
Closed-cell spray foam and open-cell spray foam insulation materials can be used effectively within a commercial building design. Whether your design goals include energy efficiency, visual appeal or long-term performance, both closed-cell spray foam and open-cell spray foam afford you opportunities to create commercial buildings that work. Closed-cell spray foam is ideal for continuous insulation on the exterior while open-cell spray foam offers tremendous performance on the interior at a lower installation cost.
Closed-cell spray foam exterior applications
- Can be applied at very low temperatures (as low as -15oC)
- High thermal resistance per thickness
- Ideal for continuous insulation solutions
- Lower vapour permeance
- Can reject bulk water (ideal for flood zones or areas prone to high snowfall)
- Higher tensile and bond strength
Open-cell spray foam interior applications
- Can be installed at a significantly lower cost and target the same specified RSI-value
- Lower raw material/resource use
- Permits bi-directional drying
- Will accommodate long-term creep and seasonal movement
- Hydrophobic material
- Air barrier and insulating material
Want to Know More? Contact A Commercial Building Insulation Expert.
- Call our experts at 1-800-758-7325
- Get in touch with one of our licensed commercial Contractors.