Asking questions to avoid spray foam insulation problems
The importance of choosing the right licensed spray foam contractor is vital to ensure that you are getting a quality product that has been applied with the best practices in mind. How can you make sure you’re getting the most out of your contractor?
Be confident that you’ve hired a spray foam contractor that is backed by experience, comprehensive training and expertise. Here are some questions that you can ask your contractor:
- Can you walk me through the stages of this installation?
- Where do you advise that spray foam insulation be installed, throughout the house?
- What safety precautions will you be taking?
- Can I see the technical specifications for the products you are using?
- What kinds of precautions will you be taking to protect exposed surfaces, control dust and minimize overspray?
- What measures are you taking for ventilation?
- Will you be making sure all sources of ignition are turned off, prior to beginning application of the spray foam insulation?
- What is your clean-up protocol, after installation?
Qualified and knowledgeable spray insulation contractors will be able to provide you with this information and more if they have been expertly trained and licensed. If you have doubts, then contact an Icynene spray foam contractor.
Icynene has developed an eBook that provides tips, recommendations as well as answers commonly asked questions to ensure you are confident that your spray foam installation goes as smoothly as you expect. You can access the free eBook by clicking the link below.