Insulating exterior walls with spray foam insulation
When insulating a commercial structure, the typical choice has been for architects to specify rigid XPS foam board – extruded foam board. Yet in recent times architects are choosing to insulate the exterior walls of their commercial designs with spray foam insulation. Projects such as the new Prescott High School, the Liberty University Commons and the Hamilton Southeastern & Fishers High Schools all have had closed cell spray foam insulation applied in a continuous insulation application.
Why is Icynene closed cell spray foam a superior choice for used in a continuous insulation application? Advantages include:
- An all-in-one product: Insulation, air barrier and vapor retarder
- Tight and complete seal over minimal required wall penetrations (brick ties)
- Lower installed cost for a superior air barrier assembly
- Easily applied to curved surfaces
- Less labor and less material waste
This detailed infographic explains these benefits and more in why closed cell spray foam such as Icynene ProSeal, is a superior choice for continuous insulation.