What is Spray Foam? Spray Foam Insulation 101
While spray foam insulation is a common building material that is specified by architectural firms, builders and general contractors, the average homeowner may not necessarily know what it is, how it can be used within their home and how it compares to the other insulation types available on the market.
Spray foam insulation like Icynene both insulates and air seals a building to contribute to:
- improved indoor comfort
- a reduction in air leakage
- improved energy efficiency of HVAC equipment
- lower risk of mold growth and moisture ingress
- quieter spaces to live, work, rest and play
- lower heating and cooling costs each month
Icynene has developed a simple infographic that explains how spray foam insulation is made, where it can be used within the home and explains some of the benefits of using this high performance insulation.