Total Design Flexibility with Spray Foam Insulation
With its ease of application, Icynene spray foam insulation is ideal for unique commercial building designs that feature curved surfaces and odd shapes and angles. Used in exterior continuous insulation applications, spray foam insulation can increase energy efficiency, prevent condensation and mold formation as well as contribute to improved occupant comfort.
The design flexibility of Icynene spray foam insulation allows you to overcome obstacles presented by conventional insulation such as:
- Thermal bridges created by studs, rafters and trusses due to lack of thermal breaks
- Material inflexibility that leads to cutting and manipulation of the material to fit into unusual spaces
- Reduced or compromised R-value*
- Additional materials and labor
Unique commercial building designs that feature spray foam insulation benefit from a seamless air-seal and insulation achieved in a single step, increased structural durability, consistent R value* and reduced threat of condensation.
* R means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Compare insulation R-values before you buy. There are other factors to consider. The amount of insulation you need depends mainly on the climate you live in. Also, your fuel savings from insulation will depend upon the climate, the type and size of your house, the amount of insulation already in your house, and your fuel use patterns and family size. If you buy too much insulation, it will cost you more than what you'll save on fuel. To get the marked R-value, it is essential that this insulation be installed properly.