Types Of Spray Foam Insulation
Did you know that there’s more than one type of residential spray foam insulation? There are different types of spray foam that have been formulated for different building codes and unique aspects of your home. Your licensed Icynene contractor can help you decide whether to use soft, sponge-like open cell foam, or rigid, closed cell foam by educating you about the differences, as well as assessing your individual home’s needs.
Discover the different aspects of the residential spray foam insulation options that are available:.
|Closed cell foam||Open cell foam|
• rigid spray foam
• Identified as a flood resistant material by FEMA
• Built tough and can reject bulk water penetration (such as floods).
• Can be used effectively in both interior and exterior applications.
• Spongy, soft foam
• Outperforms traditional insulation materials.
• Can also reduce airborne sound transmission.
• Allows water leaks to drain through, which can help you identify leak issues sooner for repair.
To learn more about our insulation's visit Products